Below is a partial list of typical parenting strategies. Parents
have found these strategies to have little or no effect on their
Aspergers child's behavior:
- Trying to "reason" with the child
- Having "heart-to-heart" talks
- Confrontation or being "assertive"
- Taking away privileges
- Having the child go live with his/her other parent (if
parents are separated or divorced)
- Trying to be a nicer parent
- Trying to be a tougher parent
- Having another family member "reason" with the child
(aunt, uncle, grandparent, etc.)
- "Giving in" and letting the child have her/his way
- Verbal warnings
- Ignoring misbehavior
- and so on...
Your out-of-control Aspergers child will NEVER work for what
YOU want. But, he WILL work for what HE wants! I will show
you how this works in my eBook.